Application forms

Applying for registration - this is available for New Zealand based applicants only.

Application form for Competence and Recertification Assessment - for the purpose of Registration.

If you have not completed a recognised New Zealand qualification (or overseas equivalent), you may have enough practical experience to compensate for this as per the SWRB Section 13 Policy 'Criteria for Section 13'. The policy can be viewed and downloaded from the Policy page.

Find out more about Section 13 applications view the Section 13 applications page.  If you want to discuss your application, contact us on freephone 0508 797 269.

As part of your application you will need to include various attachments including a:

Most of these will need to be certified. All documents not in English must also be officially translated unless otherwise specified. It’s very important to read the application guide notes before and while you complete the application form. Getting the information and attachments right first time will save you time and hassle in the long run.

Once registered, you must also hold an Annual Practising Certificate. To get your APC, you need to complete a separate form, which the SWRB will supply once your registration is confirmed.

The SWRB has a number of policy statements relating to registration on the Policy page.

Applying for registration

To request an application pack:

There is one application form and one set of guide notes to accompany them, which you can request by completing the form below and pressing ‘send’.


Applying for registration form
First name (*)
Invalid Input
Middle name
Invalid Input
Surname (*)
Invalid Input
Mailing address (Street address, or PO Box) (*)
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
City (*)
Invalid Input
Post code
Invalid Input
Country (*)
Invalid Input
Your Email Address: (*)
Invalid Input